Needless to say, video content has become an essential part of any marketing strategy. The video expansion started a few years ago and continues to gain power.
Here, we want to share some statistics demonstrating how videos have changed the world of marketing in 2022, how useful they are for marketers, and how appealing they are to the audience.
01. 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool.
In 2022, the number of companies that have included video content in their marketing strategy is about the same as in 2021. The numbers have been floating around the exact figures for the last few years, with 87% in 2019 and 85% in 2020. However, the market had experienced significant growth since 2016, when only 61% of businesses utilized videos in their strategies.
02. 92% of marketers that use video content value it as an essential part of their marketing plan.
03. 49% of marketers state that video content improves audience engagement.
Around 22% of marketers use video to raise brand awareness and product education. Another two critical objectives for businesses when engaging video content is driving customer engagement and generating leads, about 18% of marketers find them significant. While highlighting company culture is considered a less important goal by video marketers.
05. 52% of businesses state that videos are advantageous for building trust with new customers.
06. 94% of companies say that video is great for helping users improve their understanding of a product or service.
07. 73% of people prefer to watch a video to learn about a product or a service.
While only 11% of customers would rather read an article or a post on a website or social media, 4% would prefer to get the information on the product or a service in an infographic, 3% of people would like to have a downloadable manual or an ebook, 3% would choose to attend a webinar, and another 3% wouldn't mind a sales call or a demo.
08. Most companies invest 1 to 10% of their marketing budget into video-making.
09. 90% of marketers spend less than $10,000 on video production, and most pay $0-500 on a single video.
10. 18% of video marketers are newcomers.
Almost half of them started creating video content because it had become easier to make or convince decision-makers of the importance of video marketing. Others stated that videos became a necessity (due to the pandemic also), it had become less time-consuming and more affordable to make a video, and the impact that video has on ROI (return on investment) had become clearer.
11. 15% of businesses make videos daily, and 33% make a video every week.
13. 35% of marketers make every video from scratch.
At the same time, 18% create videos with the help of already existing templates. 58% of businesses use professional software to produce their video content, yet 49% choose online tools that are easy to use and do not require expert skills. And 38% of video marketers use smartphone apps to create their brand videos.
14. 56% of marketing videos are less than two minutes long.
15. On average (across all video lengths), 54% of viewers watch a video fully.
16. First 10% of runtime has maximum viewer engagement.
This is not determined by the length of a video. Generally, just over 60% of viewers will keep watching a video until the end if it is at least 60 seconds. And only 26% of the audience watches a video completely if this video lasts 20 minutes or longer. You can learn how to engage and capticate your audiencele
17. More than 70% of companies have incorporated new types of videos.
18. Explainer videos are created by 74% of marketers.
This is the most popular type of video content. The next in line is social media video, created by 68% of companies. Half of the businesses make presentation videos. Less than 50% make video testimonials, ads, demos, sales videos, and teasers. Under 30% create videos with the purpose of onboarding new customers and training staff. About 20% make video graphics and customer service videos.
19. Live-action videos are popular among 42% of companies, while 33% prefer animation.
20. Social video has 12 times more shares than text and images combined.
Placing an explainer video on a social media platform gets ten times more engagement with the video and the business. Statistically, a B2B explainer video achieves more views and shares if posted between 7am to 11am. 83% of people will also consider sharing a branded video with their friends if it's enjoyable and appealing.
21. More than 80% of companies use video analytics tools.
23. 44% of marketers use video performance analytics on video hosting platforms as part of video strategy.
The following two major analytical features for video strategy are in-video calls-to-action and channel performance analytics, they are used by 38% of businesses. 30-33% believe that such features as centralized video content management, video content personalization, individual viewer engagement, and access control for private content are important on video hosting platforms. And another two significant features are video content with embedded forms and synchronization of viewer engagement data to Marketing Automation or CRM.
24. Almost 70% of businesses have more video conversions than other types of content.
26. 62% of marketers determine video success by the engagement it gets.
The engagement includes shares, likes, and comments. 61% say that the number of views is a key figure when measuring the success of a video. 60% see leads and clicks as the main factor of marketing success. Over 40% of businesses measure success using brand awareness, customer engagement, and retention criteria. And 27% say that bottom-line sales are their critical factor for whether a video is booming.
27. 93% of businesses state that video has helped them improve brand awareness.
28. 88% say they decided to buy a product or service after watching a video.
29. 87% of marketers have increased traffic with video content this year.
Around 82% of marketers state that video content extends the time people spend on their websites. This number has been hanging around the same mark since 2019. In 2015, only 55% of businesses increased their traffic through video. This number hasn't dropped below 80% for the last five years.
30. 49% of businesses have fewer customer support calls due to videos.
31. 81% of marketers state that videos with music have better performance.
64% of businesses use a caption to improve video performance, and 78% reduce the amount of text for a video to better affect the audience. 66% consider voiceover to be the key to the success of a video. Another key detail is diversity in a video, 65% of marketers think it to be crucial.
32. 78% of people watch videos online weekly, while 54% watch videos daily.
33. 33% of all the time that people are online, they spend watching videos.
34. On average, people watch 19 hours of video online weekly.
This is an extra hour per week compared to the previous year. Over the last five years, people's time spent watching online videos has also risen by 8.5 hours. If we take the time people spend watching videos every day, this year, it has increased to 2.5 hours compared to 1.5 hours per day five years ago.
35. It's twice as likely that people share a video than other types of content.
36. 60% of people would use online video platforms rather than watch live TV.
37. Social media and websites are the two main video distribution channels.
These two channels are used by 63% of marketers. Sales and customer conversations are close, with 59% of companies using this effective channel to draw customers' attention. And less than half of businesses use training, landing pages, marketing emails, and internal communication channels.
38. A social media post with a video has more views by 48%.
39. 31% of marketers add a video to improve SEO.
Adding a video to a website improves the chance of appearing on the first page of Google search results by 53 times, increases web traffic from search, and boosts conversion rate by up to 80%. Google search engine is the leading website in terms of popularity, with YouTube being the second most popular.
40. People spend more time on websites with video content by 88%.
41. 86% of marketers use YouTube to post videos.
Most of them find this platform to be an effective one. This means that YouTube has remained the most popular social media platform for video marketers for the last eight years. 35% of businesses that use YouTube say that it provides the best returns on their investment. And as it was mentioned, YouTube is the second biggest website in the world.
43. 30% of marketers use TikTok, whose effectiveness rating has increased to 77%.
44. Tweets with videos get 10 times more engagement than other tweets on Twitter.
45. 78% of digital video viewers use a mobile or a tablet to watch video content online.
And 28% of smartphone users watch a video on their devices at least once a day. People use their mobiles to watch videos 1.5 times more often than other devices. The number of videos watched on smartphones doubles every year. This shows the rapid expansion of the mobile video consumption trend.
46. One-third of all the time people spend online is taken up by watching video content.
47. 1,000,000 minutes of video cross the Internet every second.
48. 23% of those who don't use video in their marketing say it's because they lack time.
Other businesses still need to incorporate video content as a marketing tool because they need to figure out where to start with video-making, can't convince the key decision-makers to use it, don't see the need, or think it's too expensive. At the same time, 79% of these businesses want to include videos in their promotional strategy soon.
49. 64% of businesses admit that the pandemic affected their video marketing plans for 2022.
50. 94% of companies plan to continue using video as a marketing tool.
These statistics show that video content gains more value every year and becomes a significant part of any marketing campaign. Even so, some companies must be ready to incorporate videos into their strategy due to a lack of time, skills, or budget. But creating brand videos becomes much easier with the variety of software and tools that are simple and do not require special video-making skills. Some professionals and experts can take care of your video at every production stage and create a perfect marketing product.
In the era of constant content consumption, video marketing is vital.